Spending the 4th of July in Savannah or Tybee Island?
There are many fun activities going on in the area, here is a sampling of events to check out:
- River Street Celebration in Savannah starts at noon with music, food and drink specials and activities throughout the day with fireworks at 9:30 PM.
- The Fabulous Equinox Orchestra show at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort from 8:00 PM-11:00 PM.
- Hop aboard the Savannah Riverboat Cruise for a special 4th dinner buffet, entertainment and up close view of the fireworks.
- Head out to Donovan Field at Ft. Stewart for a FREE concert by Lady Antebellum with Caroline Jones. Gates open at 3:00 with the concert at 7:00 PM, followed by the fireworks at 9:15 PM.
- If the beach is calling you, Tybee Island with feature the Naowita Jazz Festival on the Tybee Pier and Pavillion beginning at 11:00 AM until 10:30 PM with the fireworks at 9:15 PM.
If you aren’t spending the 4th in Savannah but planning your summer vacay here, we have a few suggestions you will want to consider adding to your list of fun! Check out these ideas:
- A walking tour of the squares and famous buildings with a personal tour guide (we have our own)!
- A Ghost tour
- Tour Bonaventure Cemetery and Wormsloe historic site
- For architectural buffs, tour the Owens-Thomas House, The Telfair Museum and The Cathedral of St. John The Baptist.
- Check out the shops and restaurants in City Market, on River St. and Broughton St.
This is a small portion of the many things Savannah has to offer. If the beach is calling your name, head out to Tybee Island (about a 30 minute drive from Savannah) with a stop on the way to Fort Pulaski National Monument. You can see the Fort that fell under Union cannon fire and if you are lucky, you might be there on a day when they fire a cannon! Enjoy the many walking and bike trails throughout the park.
Once you get to Tybee, relax and enjoy the beach with the many activities offered such as kayaking, paddle boarding or take a dolphin tour. For the land lovers, rent a bike or golf cart and explore the island. Be sure and visit the local shops and restaurants with great, friendly folks to ensure a fun time!
Whatever the reason for your stay in Savannah, remember, Coastline Concierge can assist you with all of your pre-planning before your trip or we’ll be here to help after your arrival. Happy 4th!!